- Complete at least 45 units at CSUSB
- Achieve a GPA of at least 3.5 in the Liberal Studies major
- Have a graduation requirement check on file with the records office
- Submit an application (coversheet and essay) by Census of the quarter before you intend to graduate
The University has a deadline each quarter for Honor’s designations, so if you don’t complete the process on time you may not be eligible for it.
Create a coversheet for your application by Census of the quarter before you intend to graduate. The coversheet should include:
- Your full name and Coyote ID number
- The Liberal Studies Track you are completing (such as Arts and Letters Track or General Track)
- Your Liberal Studies Major GPA
- the term you expect to graduate (which is the last quarter you will be taking classes, for example, Fall 2018)
- The term you expect to participate in the Commencement Ceremony
Write a 2 – 3 page, double-spaced paper (1) explaining what steps you took in order to achieve your great GPA (for instance, your study plan, joining study groups, how you managed to sleep, what you did to help you stay healthy, etc.), (2) why YOU think a college education is important to YOUR future, and (3) your advice to new students who want to get the most out of their CSUSB experience. Please make sure that your paper reflects your commitment to having a good education.
Submit your coversheet and paper as a Word document attachment to the Liberal Studies Coordinator, Dr. Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org by Census of the quarter BEFORE you intend to graduate, AND request an appointment with Dr. Spencer to discuss the most significant learning experiences you’ve encountered at CSUSB. If you don’t hear from the coordinator within one week of sending her your application to her, please send another email asking for confirmation your application was received.
Meet with the Coordinator